Water Damage

Water damage can be caused by acts of nature such as flooding, or mechanical failures like leaking pipes, and can lead to significant problems, especially when hidden inside walls,including termite infestations, mold, and structural issues. Whether you are a business owner, homeowner, or renter, water damage must be addressed quickly.

What is My Insurance Company’s Legal Responsibility When I File a Water Damage Claim?

Your homeowners, renters, or commercial insurance policy is a legal contract that that binds your insurance company to promptly investigate and pay valid claims. When it comes to your business your policy ensures your business assets are protected and may include protection for business interruption.

When you file a claim for water damage, your insurance company claims adjuster and claims manager should handle your case in good faith – quickly, fairly and reasonably.

How do I Know if I Need Help with a Water Damage Insurance Claim?

In Florida,filing an insurance claim or a business interruption claim with your insurance company can be complex, confusing and frustrating. If you’re unsure what your insurance company’s responsibility is regarding a water damage claim, talk to a professional who understands insurance law.

We would like to believe that insurance companies will step up to the plate and do the right thing, but insurance companies are in business to make money, not pay claims. Desir Law Firm will advise you on the best way to proceed. We routinely review consult, and, when necessary, litigate various types of insurance policy contracts on behalf of homeowners, renters, business and commercial property owners.

Public insurance adjusters and prominent law firms trust our experience and refer their clients to us for help with evaluating property damages and filing insurance claims. If you feel your property or business insurance claim is being ignored, unreasonably delayed or improperly handled, or if you feel your insurance claim has been unfairly denied, or the insurance company has acted in bad faith, you have a right to legal recourse and/or legal redress.