Who is Responsible if a Pipe Bursts in My Condo?

In a condominium, there are the governing documents and the governing documents generally say that if you have a common element pipe behind the wall of your unit, that services multiple units, and that pipe has an issue that ultimately floods or causes water to get into your unit your association is responsible for that. Now there might be some situations where it’s a limited common element. A limited common element only serves your unit and there’s a possibility that you’re responsible for that. The best thing to do for sure is to determine what type of pipe it is.
Is it servicing multiple units? Is it just your unit? And at the same time, going back to the governing documents and just making sure.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *