I was Injured in a Common Area. Who is Responsible?

When it comes to a common area, common areas are maintained by the association. Most likely if you were injured in a common area, it’s going to be the association who is responsible. If the association was maintaining that area, you may not have been injured.

What are Condo Bylaws?

The bylaws are essentially the documents that establish how the association has to be run as a business. It’s going to have more information with respect to the board of directors. How elections are run, how often they’re supposed to happen when they’re supposed to happen, how voting happens. The association is always going to … Continue reading “What are Condo Bylaws?”

What are “Governing Documents”?

Governing documents are an outline of the responsibilities of the association, and also the responsibilities of the unit owner. You would refer to the governing documents when you need to determine who is responsible for fixing the unit. Anything regarding the operation of the association will be found in the governing documents.